"Don't Put Your Business on Facebook"
- Had enough,
- Want you to know,
- Don't care whether or not the world knows,
- Or is using Facebook as a medium to vent.
You Should Not:
- Publicly or privately reach out to the person, specifically to demand that they delete their post
- Ignore the person's issues/concerns, and focus on generalizing how Facebook is filled with only nosey, dishonest, un-genuine people, that do not care.
- Imply that the person is being unintelligent, unreligious, ..etc because of their actions
However, you should:
- Offer encouragement and support if necessary,
- Offer help if needed and able,
- Ignore the status, if you don't agree with it, or do not have anything positive to add to it,
- Delete the person as your friend, because clearly you do not care to know what's really on their minds,
- Hide the person's info from showing up on your Facebook newsfeed, if you don't want to delete the person as a friend.
I believe it takes a lot of guts, bravery, and courage to inform the public about something that most people would keep to themselves out of shame, embarrassment, or whatever else. But that's just my opinion. Sometimes the truth of one person can inspire someone else. Sometimes when a person shares the truth, they can get the encouragement they need from others. I'm curious to know, what are your thoughts on this subject?
If one of your Facebook friends post that they were mistreated, how would you respond? Would you respond at all? Let's have a heart to heart in the comments below.
Next week we will continue "Live Like You're Rich When You're Not" Part 3. If you haven't read part 1 and part 2,← click the links to do so.