7 Reasons Your Goals are Unachievable | 5 Must Have 2015 Goals
Every year we make resolutions and don't exactly follow through with them entirely. But that's okay, we have another year to get our lives together. Resolutions are simply goals. And what would life be like if we did not have goals. Before we go into that, knowing the reasons why you failed in the past will help you to avoid failure in the future. Here are the seven reasons your goals are unachievable.
1. They are not realistic goals- If you don't have a realistic plan, you cannot succeed. Also having too many goals is just as unrealistic as not having one at all.
2. Laziness- Lack of energy or having no zeal to achieve your goals is a major road-block. Get that energy up!
3. Negative mentally- Negative thoughts equals negative outcomes. Stop thinking negatively.
4. Fear- Whether it's fear of changes, people's reaction...etc, fear will always hinder your goals.
5. Occupying your time with the wrong things- Self entertainment can consume the time you could've spent working towards achieving your goals. Instead of spending 6 hours watching reality TV, read a self-help book, exercise, have a family devotion. Etc. Don't get me wrong a little entertainment is okay, but too much of anything is bad.
6. Lack of encouragement- Not having a support system can discourage you, but sometimes you have to encourage yourself when people fail you.
7. Inconsistency- If you decide to do something everyday, it doesn't matter how you feel, just do it. Stop procrastination in it's track.
Now that we know what led to our past failures, here are five must have goals for 2015.
Goal #1. Listen to your conscience. Have you ever heard someone say, "Something told me don't do it, yet I did and now.." something bad happened. This something is no something, it is the voice of the holy spirit within you. If you ever wondered how God speaks to us, this is how. Through our conscience. In order to hear our conscience correctly, our conscience must be clear, and we must have a relationship with God. This is by far the most important goal in life.
Goal #2. Set realistic short term and long term goals. For instance, if you want to lose weight, give yourself a year rather than 4 weeks. If you want to own a house, evaluate your current income, and go from there. Sometimes we set goals that are unrealistic and get discouraged when we don't achieve them. Don't do that.
Goal #3. Be healthy. Yes if you follow me on social media, you know I'm a foodie. But I eat all things in moderation. I also love to share. And that works for me. However, if you know that a slice a cake will make you gain weight in a week, don't do it. Be healthy. The key way to being healthy is to eat healthy. Along with eating healthy exercising has lots of health benefits. 30 minutes a day is all you need, however if you are trying to lose an excessive amount of weight you can do more. But at least take 30 minutes in your day to exercise. A little walk won't hurt much.
Goal #4. Always be positive and surround yourself with like-minded people. How can you be positive if you have negative people in your ears all the time, speaking discouragement into your life? Get rid of them. It doesn't matter how it looks, always look at the positive in everything, and surround yourself with positive people. "Birds of a feather flock together", right?
Goal #5. Fearlessly get yourself out there. The absence of faith is fear, so take a leap of faith and bind your fears in Jesus name. Invest in yourself, join a group, go to networking events, get to know people and let people get to know you... Etc. Opportunities won't come knocking if no one knows that you exist.
These are my goals for 2015 and beyond. Let these be your goals as well, and let's see how far it takes us.
What is one of your short/long term goal and how do you plan to achieve it?
Let's have a heart to heart in the comments below.
Peace and Love.