1. However your Mom's stomach looked after having you, chances are yours might end up looking the same.
2. If you had a big stomach before you got pregnant, you might end up having an even bigger stomach after.
3. Waist cinchers and belly bands don't help you achieve that flat tummy.
4. Your stomach might never look the same after having a child.
5. Crunches and sit-ups are bad for Moms that have diastase recti. ← Click on the link to see if you have it.
6. The only way to achieve a flat stomach is by having a tummy tuck(that's what my doctor said).
While some of these things are true, when I looked at my stomach in the mirror, I just knew I could be doing something more. After having two major surgeries to have my handsome boys, the last thing I want is a cosmetic surgery to fix my stomach. At the same time, I definitely did not want this mommy tummy either. If you follow me on Facebook , you would know that I started dieting and exercising on August 26, 2014. My waist was 30.5 inches and my stomach was 32.5 inches. That might seem small to you, but on a slim frame, not so much.
I was determined to lose my stomach. But to do so it required me to be consistent. Here are the things that I am doing:
1. Dieting. The only way to lose your stomach is through your kitchen. You are seriously what you eat. I am not trying to lose weight, just inches. So to do so I have to cut out the foods that cause me to maintain my big tummy in the first place. Oily foods(pizza, fast foods, etc.), excess starch, sweet desserts(cakes, buns, donuts, etc.), and juices are my enemies. I allow myself one cheat day per week(a day that I can eat something not so healthy), but when I do cheat I add an extra workout session.
2. Exercise. I exercise 3-5 times a week for 25-30 minutes . If you are trying to lose weight, I would recommend exercising daily, even if it's just walking. Currently I am using the Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 for Xbox. Let's just say I am now thankful to my husband for getting me this 2 years ago. It has every exercise imaginable. My favorites are yoga, cardio boxing, and the shape and burn abs workout sessions.
3. Wrinkle cream. It helps to give your stomach a firmer look. Currently I am using Nerium(bought on ebay) and it's somewhat effective. When I look at my personal before and after photos, I see the difference, but then again I can't be certain it was just the cream(exercise helped).
4. Splinting. A splint is basically a belly band. While it recommends you wear it all day and all night, it's too hot and uncomfortable. So I usually wear it when I'm working out, or on cool days while I'm home with the kids. But if you can wear it all day and all night, do it. It helps with burning the fat from your stomach, proper posture, and keeping your separated walls together.
My waist is now 29.5 inches and my stomach is 28 inches. I haven't reached my goal as yet, but as you can see, the results so far keeps me motivated. When I reach my beach body goal, I will share my personal photos(topless). I'm almost there! If you want to know more information on my exercise routines, dieting tips, or anything regarding getting rid of that tummy, comment below.
Remember, eating right is the most effective way to lose that mommy tummy. And even though our bodies are a constant reminder of what we endured to make our beautiful children, we can become healthier to be there longer for them. The imperfections we can't change, embrace them, don't let them change you. You are beautiful regardless.
Peace and Love,
Disclaimer: I am not paid by anyone to promote anything mentioned above these are things that I purchased or were given as a gift.